23 January 2021

The contents of my handbag


I decided a while ago, to post about the contents of my handbag. There is an unwritten rule that no one ever scratches through a women's handbag, I think most people are afraid of what they might find there! I recently went out for a meal with a friend of mine, and he commented on my see-through handbag. I just find that it's easier for me to find things that way. When I want to be a bit fancier, I put my entire plastic handbag into a 'proper' ladies bag and off I go, pretending to be normal.

One of the the things that was visible in my handbag was a roll of duct tape. Now, I did not think that this item would raise an eyebrow, but I have been teased mercilessly about my duct tape by this friend ever since. I think it's awesome stuff and it has come in handy so many times. My wet-wipe pack is currently sealed with duct tape. Okay, so that is one of the practical items I carry around. 

I emptied out my bag and took a photo of all the items in it. Some items that stand out for me, are masks and sanitiser, in this time of Covid-19. Re-usable shopping bags and a metal straw tell a story too. I would not have bothered with those items 5 or 10 years ago and now re-cycling has become routine. 

My Parkrun and MyRun bracelets go with me wherever I go, imagine if you did a run and never had your barcode! And yes, I know they have been closed for lockdown, but you never know. I like to be prepared, the motto of the girl guides and brownies worldwide. You would have never guessed that I was kicked out of brownies my first day, I think I was cheeky and the leader didn't appreciate that, lucky I learnt to be prepared despite her. I also have a small Leatherman, a Swiss army knife, a Burn shield pack, a peg, a hair elastic and a very comprehensive first aid kit, contribute to my preparedness.

Various other items like earphones (and a spare set), as well as EarPods,  also get carried around. I use them when I go for a run or warm up on the treadmill at gym, and don't like to be without them. A power bank and charger cables, basic toiletries like a lipstick, deodorant, sunblock, refresher wipes, tissues and creams are also part of my pack.

You will always find loose, cash notes in my bag, that's for just in case I need something, when I run and leave my wallet in the car or at home. My wallet has the usual cards and cash in it, a safety pin and my blood type card (it's O negative). I have a special piece of citrine (the Merchant's stone) that I keep in my wallet and, like it does in quantum physics, the outcome and impact on the particles, at a subatomic level, are influenced by the one doing the observing, so it is with this piece of stone that attracts wealth, believe it and it is.

One of my favourite possessions is my pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. I could never wear sunglasses for more than a few minutes at a time, and would go through many cheap pairs in a year. About two years ago I treated myself to a pair of Maui Jim's and I am delighted with them. They are incomparable. Tarryn bought me another pair of Maui Jim's recently, and they are waiting for me in Australia, so one day when we can travel again, I can get my back-up pair. My Manchester United South Africa supporters club card is always with me too, that too, should give you some insight into my life. 

I think we all have revealing items in our handbags and I hope you learnt something about me that you didn't know before. Until next time, have fun.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tash that sounded like a lot of stuff but they are all mostly small items and quite clever

Unknown said...

If I had to carry all that around with me I'd need a wheelbarrow 🤔 I'm more of a minimalist, only the essentials I need on a daily basis are in my handbag...

Jenny Demmer said...

I love how prepared you are. Maybe add a few anti histamines. You never know when you need one. I like that I can stay minimalist when I go out with you. Xxx