06 February 2021

Road trip with Fabulousness







This past weekend I had an amazing time and noted again just how special these 3 ladies are in my life. I took a days leave and we all met at my place for our road trip. Annie was our driver, I was co-pilot and Jenny and Rene were the backseat drivers. 


Rene and I alternated as DJ’s and there was much singing along during the trip. We stopped for a Wimpy breakfast which was a real treat for me, as I hadn’t eaten at one for years.



Photos were taken all the time because you know the motto, ‘if there isn’t a photo it didn’t happen’. We also learnt a lot along the way, some very interesting details were shared and we learnt about middle names and how they came about, also some boys names that are just too descriptive and some details that shouldn’t be shared. We laughed a lot and some eyebrows were raised. 

Another stop was at the delightful Blueberry Hill where the toilet view was a highlight A delicious blueberry cheesecake experience and our Abbey Road picture that for me, just sums up the spirit of our group of friends. It’s not often that there is a group of girls where there is love and caring like this. I think the thing that stands out and sets this apart, is the joy we have for each other’s successes and pleasures. There is no envy, just joy and it’s a really special bond.


 

A delicious prawn dinner and a visit in the pub, a hospital trip for an allergic reaction and an almost sleepless night ensued. All was back to normal by morning and breakfast and coffee was most welcome. The bee-keeping course run by Highveld Bees was incredible and so professional. We learnt such a lot and had an amazing, unforgettable time. I think everyone that attended was blown away and left as passionate bee-keepers. 



Saturday passed in a flash, we had a great braai and sat outside talking, an early night and then breakfast again and we went off to the midlands to hike, bum slide in the river and another great meal at a restaurant with a beautiful view. We only got home after 7pm so it was a jam-packed fun time. I hope we get to do many more adventures with Fabulousness.



2 comments:

Jenny Demmer said...

Sharing,caring and laughing and doing life with you 3 is an absolute joy I treasure.

Jenny Demmer said...

Sharing,caring and laughing and doing life with you 3 is an absolute joy I treasure.