02 September 2007


August 2007 Update
Home
This month saw a whole lot of changes in our world. Our beloved pet Shadow was put down and the whole household was affected. Shadow was also the last of our pets that was around with Richard.
My Moms entire pension money was drawn out of her account while she was at another ATM trying to draw some cash. She was devastated. The response she got from the bank amounted to ‘shame, don’t you watch TV and see that criminals target old people?’
Tarryn
She is having a ball and you would not think that she is writing prelims. I hardly ever see her these days and she is just loving her freedom. She has a car, a petrol card and a credit card. Hello world! Her main concern at the moment is sorting out her matric farewell dress.
Kiara
She has had a busy month with ice skating, school activities and her latest brainwave, volunteering at the SPCA. She spent Saturday morning at the Benoni SPCA with a friend Kyle and they had to clean out cages etc. Kiara ended up with the donkeys and ostriches, didn’t even know they had things like that there! She spent the whole day sulking and glaring at me, because I would not let her bring a Husky puppy home! Now if she nagged about this cutest pot-bellied pig they had there, it might have been a different story!
She can’t wait to see her beloved cousin’s in Cape Town in September.
Devin
He is still in moonboot (he thinks it should be spelt moanboot), and is getting as frustrated as anything. He has missed so many BMX races. He still has about a week to go. He and Trevor have been at the driving range as often as they can persuade Tarryn to take them. They go and hit a bucket of balls and she shops.
He is counting down the days to the WWE experience and is going both nights!.
Work
We had the horrible news that Lorraine’s son passed away. Lorraine works in my team. I decided that I could not face the funeral and went to see her at home the day before. Went with my boss and another colleague, in my boss’s fancy BMW. We got a bit lost in Kwa Thema and I wondered what people thought seeing these two black dudes driving around with white women in the backseat. I started to get very anxious when his fuel light came on and we were still hopelessly lost. Anyway we found her and I was glad we could visit and pray with her at her home.
I am busy on 2 new projects at work and as always having fun there.
Natasha
I eventually conceded and booked for scrapping university after declaring that I would not be doing it this year. I can’t believe that the time is here already. Can’t wait to see Wilna from Canada who will be teaching this year.


I have become hooked on Facebook and all the fun that goes with that. Collected some friends that I have not seen in ages and am loving it. Reading is definitely taking a back seat and I only redeemed myself this weekend by reading James Patterson’s The Quickie in just over a day.
Went to breakfast with a friend that lasted over 5 hours. We kept getting phone calls to say ‘are you STILL at breakfast’. Had a great time and bought my first cd in 8 years Nickelback’s All the right reasons.


I have a “decisions list” that is growing day by day, not sure what this shift in my world is all about but I am being enticed into new adventures and experiences on a daily basis.
I bought 2 new blankets that have the most amazing texture. Don’t know when I turned into Linus? Got some new curtains and luckily had a whole entourage of friends to help me put them up that day. I am so spoilt hey! Hanging curtains is the pits.


Claire and I are almost done with our twin albums. The idea and the actual album was my idea, but she did most of the work. They are looking stunning and the journaling is very draining but so worth it. She bought us twin teddies to hold the albums.


Had Scott and Sue and the folks over for lunch the other day and it turned out to be a great day. We really need to do it more often. Celebrated ladies day at a function at Summer Place. Janine Starkey, the speaker, is an image consultant and I was expecting to be really bored. I was totally blown away by her. Book club is great and we have booked our Christmas outing at Mangwanani Day Spa. Can’t wait to do that again, it’s such a spoil.


I am so glad it’s Spring. Swam yesterday and today and lay in the sun reading and listening to Kiara’s ipod. The birds are singing, saw butterflies and everything is staring to look green. Love this time of year.

:) :) :)

No comments: