28 September 2007


September 2007

What a crazy month, my calendar looks like a pre school kids got hold of it and scribbled everywhere!
It’s been lots of fun though a bit stressful at times.

Tarryn
She survived prelims and passed all her subjects, not much studying went on I can assure you. The highlight of her month was the matric farewell that was held on the 20th of September. Her friend Garth did all the crystals on her dress and I think she looked perfect! Trevor had his hair dyed to match her outfit and he looked stunning. Trevor’s dad Gary arranged an old Jag to take them to the farewell at the Birchwood Hotel. From there they went to Roxy’s in Mellville in the Party Bus which I think was a brilliantly sensible idea. I got an sms from her at 6-15am the next morning, to say they were back at Gary’s place and he was making breakfast for them. Gary sent me a message shortly thereafter saying they had eaten and passed out for the rest of the day! Oh the joys of youth! Gary and kids joined us for Sunday lunch and the topic of Ballito came up. I said that the kids were wasting an opportunity not being at the coast this week. They could not quite believe it when we agreed to let them drive down for a week on their own!

Kiara
Her highlight is the Cape Town trip that the school arranged. She is coming home tomorrow morning and has had a great time so far. They had a jam packed schedule and she was lucky enough to get to see her cousins from Cape Town while she was there. She is still doing ice skating but deserves her colours for shopping. Took her to Greenstone shopping centre to get a few things for the Cape trip and wow she shopped. Her report was perfect as usual and she goes into the last term at primary school next week. Hard to believe.

Devin
His moon boot is finally off, although he won’t be riding in the Grand National champs for BMX. Next year maybe? He has joined “skate skool” and is learning a whole lot of skateboarding tricks that have names that are beyond me like NOLLIE, OLLIE, NOSEGRIND, POPSHOVEIT and SPINE TRANSFER. I have a whole new language to learn. He was feeling very left out when Tarryn went to Ballito and Kiara was in the Cape, so we arranged for him to fly to Darrel and Marina’s for 4 days. He is coming back tomorrow and when I asked him if he was looking forward to coming home, he said, in typical diplomatic Devin style, “Sorry to say this mom, but NO I am not, I wish I could stay longer”. Another perfect report too.

Natasha
My month has been made up of friends, fun, alcohol, laughter, smiles, book club, supper club, meeting Darrel for breakfast, dinner and strawberry daiquiris with Megan after the matric farewell cocktail party, Facebook,
MSN Messenger, TV (yes I did watch 3 program this month!!!!!!!), music (and I still love my ipod), going on
a personal effectiveness workshop that reminded me of my Lifeline training, hooking up with old friends, ten pin bowling, taking lots of photos, not much scrapping and some new goals. Will share with you soon.

Nanna and Colin are well and so is my brother.
Work is great too and so we plunge into the next month …
Lotsa luv
Tasha

2 comments:

Rose Krugess said...

Oh wow! Tarryn looked like a princess and her partner looked fab too. I can't believe how all the kids have grown so much in a few short years. Keep up the great work mom!
Love Rose Krugess

karin said...

Hi Tash!!!
So good to visit your blog again, i always, always love your photos!!!!!!
take care
k
xx